“If you’re worried about having to write a eulogy, here’s advice that can help…”
by Sheila Martin
best-selling author, A Eulogy to Remember
You’ve been asked to give the eulogy for someone you’ve loved. What a tribute to you…. It’s a tremendous honor to be invited to write and speak the words that will sum up another’s life.
But if you’re like most people, you’re feeling that this is the hardest speech you’ll ever write. So it’s normal to feel anxious and stressed.
I know what you’re going through. I was honored when my brother-in-law asked me to give the eulogy for my sister, Toni … and yet so afraid I wouldn’t do a good job.
So I drew upon my years of experience as a professional writer, facing deadlines, and took some simple steps to get started (which you can learn too).
The words began to come easily to me. It was almost like taking dictation.
And on the day of the funeral, as I stood up to speak the words I’d written, I felt such a sense of peace and love for my sister. Afterwards, so many people asked for a copy of the eulogy and gave me heartfelt hugs. I will be forever thankful that I broke through my fears that day.
You see, once you know what to do — and in what order — you can begin to relax and your words will start to flow.
Since Toni’s funeral, I’ve written and delivered eulogies for my cousin Bob, my uncle Allan, Aunt Lois, my Dad, several friends, and my Mom.
As well, for about a year I offered a eulogy writing service, which gave me the opportunity to ghost-write eulogies for people all over North America.
Everything you need to know to write your own special eulogy is set down in 5 simple steps.
When professional writers have to write a eulogy, what do they do?
Most professional writers will tell you that they almost never just sit down to write and have the perfect words flow out effortlessly.
One of the biggest keys to easy writing is the right preparation. And having been a writer for over 30 years, I can show you how. But more about that later…
First, check off any (or all) of the comments that ring true for you:
“How long will it take me to write a eulogy?”
As you may know, news media like CNN and USA Today prepare eulogies and documentaries on celebrities well in advance of their deaths.
But if you’re like most people, you will not begin this difficult task until after the person you love has died.
- If you need to write a eulogy quickly….If the death has already occurred, and you have only a few hours to write and rehearse it, I’ll give you specific guidelines that will get you writing quickly. You’ll learn how much time to spend on each step — in a simple 5-step process —so that you will have written the eulogy and be rehearsing your delivery in as little as 60 minutes from now.
- If you want to be ready for a future death…. On the other hand, if you are someone who likes to be prepared, you might want to make some draft notes right now while you’re thinking about it. Then when the time comes, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ve already made a good start on this important work.
You’ll also receive help with the funeral, calculating the costs and more
I know that a eulogy is not the only thing on your mind right now, so I’ve prepared two additional gifts for you:
- Saying Goodbye with Love: A Step-by-Step Guide Through the Details of Death (the complete 192-page eBook plus The Funeral Tool Kit — 14 fill-in-the-blanks forms to keep you well-organized) … everything from how to plan the funeral … to how to write the obituary … to how to cope with post-death paperwork and possessions … to options and ideas to help you move from grief to peaceful remembering.For many years, we sold Saying Goodbye with Love separately, but today it is yours at no additional charge when you purchase a copy of A Eulogy to Remember from this website.
- A complimentary copy of The Funeral Expense Calculator (an Excel spreadsheet) to help you quickly estimate how much the funeral will cost
- The Eulogy Meditation audio — a downloadable MP3 of Sheila reading a meditation to calm you and get you in the right frame of mind to begin writing the eulogy
Just as with the Eulogy eBook, you’ll be able to download all three of these gifts to your own computer, in just a few moments from now.
“How will this eBook help me?”
Here’s what other readers have told me helped them….
- You’ll find it easier to write the eulogy
Step-by-step guidlines and a variety of simple writing methods will make this difficult job easier for you
- You’ll reduce your stress
Simple actions you can take in minutes— used by professional writers and speakers — will help you prepare both mentally and physically for the challenges you’re facing now
- You’ll feel more confident delivering the eulogy
You’ll learn exactly what to do before the service … and while you’re waiting to speak … to gently calm your anxiety, and help you deliver your eulogy with grace
And here’s what readers are saying…
Your ebook is beautiful
“sheila, your ebook is beautiful. whether i speak or not at marian’s service tomorrow night, your little gem made me feel relaxed and more confident. this is a tough time, and your loving words alone were comforting. thank you. i appreciate you.
(Joe did speak at Marion’s service, and his remembrance of her is included in A Eulogy to Remember
I felt so incredible ….
“Your ebook about writing eulogies was a huge help to me. I used it more for how to prepare to write it, but I just wrote from my heart and didn’t follow any format. I also loved what you wrote about relaxing during the ceremony, deep breathing, etc.; I really needed to follow that advice because I was so nervous!
I had a copy of your ebook with me at all times that weekend; I had it bound at Kinko’s with a plastic cover and double sided so it was beautiful….
Afterwards, everyone wanted a copy or asked me to email it to them. I had brought a few extra copies and people were passing them around at the wake! It was overwhelming really, but I felt so incredible that I could actually do something to comfort people during such a sad time.
Thank you so much for your help Sheila; I couldn’t have done it without you!”
I was actually able to sleep last night …
“Thanks, Sheila. It’s a beautiful book and very thought provoking. Your book has already helped me to relax immensely. I was actually able to sleep last night when I couldn’t the night before….
Your book gave me the courage to be free spirited and compassionate in my memories of my very good friend.”
Greig R. Thomson High School Counselor
It is truly a gift…
“I can tell that this book came from your heart, and I appreciate the follow up….
As I worked on the eulogy I felt like you were right there with me. Thank you for putting so much of yourself into the book. It is truly a gift to all of us who are struggling with this process. ”
Now here’s how to get your copy
Click the Add to Cart button below and you’ll be taken to a secure order page.
We use PayPal, a highly respected, third party, secure payment processing company, so your order information is kept completely confidential and safe.
Within just a few minutes from now, you’ll be reading your own copy of A Eulogy to Remember and your bonuses.
I don’t know what brought you to this page today but — because you’re the kind of person other people trust to give a good eulogy — the odds are high that you’ll be asked to take on this challenge five or more times again in your lifetime.
I hope that this eBook will be useful to you. It will be one less thing for you to worry about, at this difficult time.
Sea Breeze Digital Publishing Inc.
P.S. You’re Safe with Our No-Risk, 365-day Guarantee
Your satisfaction is assured through our no-risk, no-questions-asked, 100% money-back guarantee.
If for any reason, you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, just let me know within 365 days and I’ll refund 100% of your purchase price.